By Christopher Falzon,Timothy O'Leary,Jana Sawicki
A spouse to Foucault contains a set of essays from tested and rising students that characterize the main wide remedy of French thinker Michel Foucault’s works at present available.
- Comprises a accomplished selection of authors and subject matters, with either verified and rising students represented
- Includes chapters that survey Foucault’s significant works and others that process his paintings from quite a number thematic angles
- Engages greatly with Foucault's lately released lecture classes from the Collège de France
- Contains the 1st translation of the large ‘Chronology’ of Foucault’s existence and works written through Foucault’s life-partner Daniel Defert
- Includes a bibliography of Foucault’s shorter works in English, cross-referenced to the normal French version Dits et Ecrits
Read or Download A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best philosophy criticism books
This groundbreaking inquiry into the centrality of position in Martin Heidegger's considering deals not just an illuminating studying of Heidegger's idea yet a close research into the way the concept that of position pertains to center philosophical concerns. In Heidegger's Topology, Jeff Malpas argues that an engagement with position, particular in Heidegger's later paintings, informs Heidegger's inspiration as a complete.
Recognize Thyself: An Essay in Social Personalism proposes that social Personalism can top offer for self-knowledge. within the West, self-knowledge has been sought in the framework of 2 dominant highbrow traditions, order and the rising self. at the one hand, historic and medieval philosophers dwelling in an orderly hierarchical society, ruled by means of honor and disgrace, and reinforced by way of the metaphysics of being and rationalism, believed folks achieve self-knowledge via uniting with the floor in their being; as soon as united they'd comprehend what they're, what they're to be, and what they're to do.
Philosophers frequently use the time period “naturalism’ on the way to describe their paintings. it's general to determine a metaphysical, epistemological and/or moral place self-described and defined through others as person who is “naturalized. ” yet what, if something, does the time period naturalized add--or subtract---to the placement being articulated?
Vorbemerkung der RedaktionAbhandlungenShierry Weber Nicholsen: The Mutilated topic Extinguished within the area of Aesthetic event Adorno and Aesthetic ViolenceSusanne Lettow: Philosophiegeschichte als Verflechtungsgeschichte Globalität, Naturwissen und Kants Theorie der MenschenrassenHans-Ernst Schiller: Das Individuum bei Freud und die Macht der KollektivePatricia Lavelle: Denkbilder Zu den Beziehungen zwischen Kunst und Theorie bei Benjamin und KantHans Marius Hansteen: Adornos philosophische Rhetorik oder »Wie zu lesen sei"Timo Ogrzal: Eine »innere musikalische Verbindung"?
- Plato's Cratylus (Cambridge Studies in the Dialogues of Plato)
- Incompatible Ballerina and Other Essays
- The Prisoner's Philosophy: Life and Death in Boethius's Consolation
- Karl Marx and the Future of the Human (The Raya Dunayevskaya Series in Marxism and Humanism)
- Dim and Dimmer: Prospects for a New Enlightenment
- Zeitschrift für kritische Theorie: 17. Jahrgang, Heft 32/33 · 2011 (German Edition)
Additional info for A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Christopher Falzon,Timothy O'Leary,Jana Sawicki